2019 was another busy year for the group. In total, the group were ‘on call’ for over 10,000 hours and attended 1,651 jobs on behalf of the East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS).
Although volunteers, we are now more recognisable as being a key part of the EMAS response with our new EMAS approved uniforms that feature both the NHS and EMAS logos. Pictured above, left to right, are John, Gary, Peter, Elaine, Ina and Patrick. In the EMAS uniform is Ben Ryrie, the EMAS county CFR coordinator and trainer. Two other active members of the group, Tim and David, were unavailable for this ‘photo-shoot’.
There are currently 3 new members undergoing training that will shortly require kits and uniforms. Nearly all of the equipment that we require is purchased from charitable donations.
This year, we gratefully received donations from:
- Melton Building Society – £2,387 (more info)
- Tilton on the Hill Produce Show – £1,500
- Great Dalby School Harvest Festival – £50
- Upper Broughton Village CPR and Defibrillator Training – £75
- Funeral Donation from Family and Friends – £310